Wednesday 9 February 2011

Cloud9 Hooks Up With Spree..

Jive Records new signee - Spree Wilson caught up with Lewis last week and discussed plans, life experiences and what is motivating him right now. Spree’s latest record ‘Don’t Pass Me By’  was produced and features the amazing Esthero. We shared this with you when it was hot on the scene but in case you missed that piece why not check it out now: http://soundcloud.com/spreewilson/dont-pass-me-by-ft-esthero
                               
Right now, who do you look up to in the music industry and why?

Most of the folks I look up too are folks I grew up listening to like The Beatles, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Outkast, etc...I admire many of the musicians of today like Kanye West, Brit Daniel of Spoon, Radiohead to name a few. The major reason why I admire them has a lot to do with their fearlessness when it comes to art. Taking chances musically goes a long way with me, so it's great to see that there are still people who are fearless out there.

 What is your biggest motivation for becoming who you are today? 

          My biggest motivation is truthfully myself. I want to push myself to the limit musically in the same way 
Hendrix, Zappa and Outkast were able to do. As long as I'm still doing that, I'll always be motivated    to continue doing music.

In 2011 what do you realistically hope to achieve? 

        I hope that I'm able to continue to build on a musical foundation that sustains itself for the long haul. 
Most artists are so eager to get the instant gratification that they forget that the journey to success is one of the best journey's any artist can take. The lessons your learn about who you are as an artist and who you have the potential to be are priceless. 

WATCH THIS SPACE..
  

No comments:

Post a Comment